BIME is fast, fluid, engaging, and powerful to answer questions as they pop up during a business day, on any device. It’s not about consuming dashboards on a mobile, but about doing sophisticated BI wherever you are, particularly on a tablet. If you know how to build a presentation, you can use the entire web as your data warehouse, create compelling visualizations and share insights.
BI Platform Features
- Administration via Web Interface
- Live Connection to External Data
- Snapshot of External Data
- In-memory data model
- OLAP (Pre-processed cube representation)
- Multi-Data Source Reporting (Blending)
- ETL Capability
- ETL Scheduler
Supported Data Sources Features
Data sources that can be consumed by the application.
- MS Excel Workbooks
- Text Files (CSV, etc)
- MS SQL Server
- HP Vertica
- SAP Hana
- Google Analytics
BI Standard Reporting Features
Standard reporting means pre-built or canned reports available to users without having to create them.
- Pixel Perfect reports
- Customizable dashboards
- Report Formatting Templates
Ad-hoc Reporting Features
Ad-Hoc Reports are reports built by the user to meet highly specific requirements.
- Drill-down analysis
- Formatting capabilities
- Report sharing and collaboration
Report Output and Scheduling Features
Ability to schedule and manager report output.
- Publish to Web
- Publish to PDF
- Output Raw Supporting Data
- Report Delivery Scheduling
Data Discovery and Visualization Features
Data Discovery and Visualization is the analysis of multiple data sources in a search for pattern and outliers and the ability to represent the data visually.
- Pre-built visualization formats (heatmaps, scatter plots etc.)
- Location Analytics / Geographic Visualization
- Pattern Recognition and Data Mining
Access Control and Security Features
Access control means being able to determine who has access to which data.
- Multi-User Support (named login)
- Role-Based Security Model
- Multiple Access Permission Levels (Create, Read, Delete)
- Report-Level Access Control
- Table-Level Access Control (BI-layer)
- Field-Level Access Control (BI-layer)
Mobile Capabilities Features
Support for mobile devices like smartphones and tablets.
- Responsive Design for Web Access
- Dashboard / Report / Visualization Interactivity on Mobile
- Native connectors to 35+ on-premise and online data sources
- Connectors to the most important Big Data sources (Amazon Redshift, Google BigQuery, SAP HANA, etc.)
- On-the-fly mixing of data sources through the Query Blender
- Web and social media analytics through Google Analytics, Facebook, Twitter, Youtube
- Very fast, distributed and massively parallel column-store in-memory engine
- SQL performance boost – complex SQL queries optimized for any specific database
- Pre-built queries
- Complex calculated models and “what if” analysis
- Highest security standards – reviewed by Salesforce