BIView for NAV is a self service Microsoft Dynamics BI support tool. It includes 15 predefined dashboards with table and visualization overview of live data. Custom dashboards are also available. The vendor says that as an authorized partner for Dynamics NAV, they understand the needs of Microsoft Dynamics NAV users regarding business intelligence and analytics. Vendor’s value proposition is to use analytics to help users with sales, purchase, finance, inventory, production, etc.
BIView Mobile, a free app available from Google or Apple, allows access to Microsoft Dynamics NAV (Navision) business data with a secure VPN connection on iOS and Android tablets.
The platform works with or without an internet connection.
BIView for NAV Features
BI Platform Features
- Administration via Windows App
- Live Connection to External Data
- OLAP (Pre-processed cube representation)
- ROLAP (SQL-layer querying)
- ETL Capability
- ETL Scheduler
Supported Data Sources Features
Data sources that can be consumed by the application.
- MS SQL Server
BI Standard Reporting Features
Standard reporting means pre-built or canned reports available to users without having to create them.
- Pixel Perfect reports
- Customizable dashboards
- Report Formatting Templates
Ad-hoc Reporting Features
Ad-Hoc Reports are reports built by the user to meet highly specific requirements.
- Drill-down analysis
- Formatting capabilities
- Report sharing and collaboration
Report Output and Scheduling Features
Ability to schedule and manager report output.
- Publish to PDF
- Report Delivery Scheduling
Data Discovery and Visualization Features
Data Discovery and Visualization is the analysis of multiple data sources in a search for pattern and outliers and the ability to represent the data visually.
- Pre-built visualization formats (heatmaps, scatter plots etc.)
Access Control and Security Features
Access control means being able to determine who has access to which data.
- Role-Based Security Model
- Multiple Access Permission Levels (Create, Read, Delete)
- Table-Level Access Control (BI-layer)
Mobile Capabilities Features
Support for mobile devices like smartphones and tablets.
- Dedicated iOS Application
- Dedicated Android Application
- Dashboard / Report / Visualization Interactivity on Mobile
- Easy and fast connection to Navision’s database with Server configurator